Tuesday, February 28, 2017

'Lights in the Shadow' By Yuna Yang



Hello Stash of Sass! I am excited to finally be sharing the footage from the Yuna Yang show with all of you guys!
About a month ago I received an invite to the Yuna Yang show via email from the Yuna Yang PR team. I was so excited to be invited to my first ever fashion week show!!! Ever since I was in middle school I thought it would be inspiring to be in New York for fashion week and I was not disappointed. New York City always seems to offer me the inspiration and excitement I need to feel revitalized and creative again but more on the beauty of the city later.
Yang’s collection entitled ‘ Light in the Shadow’ was inspired by social and political activism across the world including the Women’s March here in the US as well as protests in South Korea in which thousands of people banded together in the streets while holding candles and calling for the resignation of President Park after allegations of corruption. According to the show’s program the collection “ pays homage to people who hold on to hope and belief in shadowed times.”
The collection includes rich textures using fabrics like velvet and lace and colors such as vibrant blues and fiery shades of red and orange which were contrasted by black thus creating the Light in the Shadow effect.
Special thanks to the Yuna Yang PR teams from inviting me to the event. It truly was a dream come true to attend the show and be in New York City for fashion week! As well as to Colin for helping me edit the footage.
If you guys want to see some video footage of the show please check out my Instagram https://www.instagram.com/adrimonima.












 























No comments:

Post a Comment