Tuesday, October 14, 2014

An Italian Love Affair ( A collaboration post with Lover.ly)

 Hello all! Apologies for my extended absence. My schedule has been packed with activities to both bring my summer to a close and bring autumn into the spotlight. Now I'm back with a different kind of post.
 About a week or two ago I was asked by Lover.ly to put together a wedding collage. They gave me three different wedding locations ( Bora Bora, Italy and France) to choose from and asked me to pick out a dress from their shop that would fit the location. Can you guys guess which location I chose? While it was tough to chose between France and Italy I ended up going with Italy in the end.
I was going for a very feminine yet strong look. The dress itself is both structured with its fitted sweet-heart bodice yet flirty and fun with its full layered skirt. The beautiful beading on the bodice and the fact that the dress is more of an ivory color as opposed to pure white made this dress perfect for the setting.
When I saw the neckline on this dress my first thought was a layered pearl necklace the chunkier the better. I love this one by Tom Binns. It is a fun spin on the classic layer pearl necklace and the safety pins make the piece less serious and more down-to-earth. In addition to the necklace I also chose to accessorize with a tiara. I feel like it brings a very regal element to the look and is also symbolic of the responsibilities you are taking on and commitment you are about to make. Last but not least are these elegant heels by Jimmy Choo. Not only did I feel the were a perfect fit for the dress but I also liked that they were versatile enough to be worn with outfits long after you have both said I do.
Thank you so much to Lover.ly and Carolyn for reaching out! Hope everyone has a great week!






All pieces can be found on Lover.ly.

Dress: Lisanthus Skirt by Kristie Kelly
Necklace: Pearl Swarovski Necklace by Tom Binns
Tiara: Moldable Crysal Tiara By David's Bridal
Shoes: Lang Sandal by Jimmy Choo


No comments:

Post a Comment