Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Downtown Raleigh Restaurant Week: Irregardless

Blauer Zweigelt
(and Jeff)


Crispy Crab Rangoons



Portobello Mushroom Stack



Beet and Goat Cheese Crostini 



Chile Relleno



Chocolate Truffle



Vegetarian Menu




Hello all, this is the final post in the Downtown Raleigh Restaurant Week series. I chose to end my food journey at Irregardless. This was my first time going to this restaurant and I was not sure what to expect. I had heard great things about this place but for one reason or another had not yet had the opportunity to dine with them. I was really happy to see that they offered two different menus for their restaurant week specials one was vegetarian and the other featured various meat dishes. They also featured gluten free options. ( I love having plenty of options.) While I am not a vegetarian myself I did find that the vegetarian menu appealed to me more that the meat one so all of the dishes I chose came from that menu. I started with the Crispy Crab Rangoons which were pretty good, then for the entree I opted for the Portobello Mushroom Stack and I finished with the vegan Chocolate Truffle. We also decided to get a bottle of wine for the table and chose an Austrian wine that none of us had tried before. The mushroom stack was surprisingly filling and the flavors paired nicely with the wine and the dessert was to die for!  Overall I loved dining at Irregardless. Not only were the food and wine great but they also had live music! The waitstaff was very knowledgeable and the service was great. It was a great place to go and catch up with old friends. I will definitely be revisiting this local restaurant!

No comments:

Post a Comment