Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Downtown Raleigh Restaurant Week: Taverna Agora and Lunch at 18 Seaboard

Hey guys! As promised here are some food pictures from downtown Raleigh restaurant week. This will be the first of a set of three posts featuring the food my friends and I tried while on our magically food adventure through some of Raleigh's awesome restaurants. My biggest regret is that I didn't get to sample more of the restaurants participating in downtown Raleigh restaurant week!
I decided to put lunch at 18 Seaboard and dinner at Taverna Agora together into one post simply because I was too excited about eating to remember to get enough pictures to feature for a full post for each individual restaurant. I also apologize in advance for the poor lighting in these pictures my phone has a mind of it's own and was refusing to focus.
Anyway, I started my week of devouring delicious food with lunch at 18 Seaboard. This was my first time experiencing what this restaurant had to offer and I was not disappointed! The service was outstanding and so was the food. I started with a watermelon salad and ended up also eating my friend's cucumber gazpacho. ( The gazpacho was a bit on the vinegar side and my friend was not a fan.) I thought both were refreshing choices for a summer lunch and I loved the way the salty favors of the goat cheese meshed with the sweetness of the watermelon in the salad. For the main course (For the restaurant week lunch and dinner special you picked you starter, main course and dessert. The lunch specials were $10 and the dinners specials were either $21 or $31. A dollar from each restaurant week meal sold went to the Food Bank of Central and Eastern North Carolina.) I got the veggie lasagna ( unfortunately, I can't remember the exact name of the dish.) followed that with the crème brûleé. Overall the experience was amazing and I will definitely be back to try the seafood 18 Seaboard is so well known for!
Later in the week, I went to dinner at Taverna Agora. The restaurant was pretty packed when we got there but we had made reservations through an app called open table so we didn't have to worry about a wait. I started with the greek lemonade, a mixed drink made with Absolute vodka, housemade lemonade, blueberries and a basil garnish and another watermelon salad. ( yeah, I know... clearly I'm on a watermelon salad kick ok! They're good!)  I really enjoyed the basil flavors in the drink. I felt that it mixed well with the lemonade. For the main course I ordered salmon over green beans and Baklava for dessert. For some reason when our entrées came out they were switched and my salmon came out on the fig compote and the pork chop Colin ordered came out on green beans. I assumed this happened simply because they were super busy and I was no big deal at all we just switched the pork and the salmon and it was all good! I absolutely loved the atmosphere of this restaurant. We were able to sit in the outdoor section on the second floor of the restaurant. The weather ended up being perfect for it and the decor was very Mediterranean and relaxing. ( as I'm sure you can tell by the picture.) By the time the baklava came out for dessert I was pretty stuffed so I ended up taking most of it home to have for lunch the next day.



























No comments:

Post a Comment